Frequently Asked Questions
Want to find out more?
This page holds the answers to your questions about Yeldo.
How does Yeldo work?
Yeldo is a new, simple, smart and profitable way of investing in real estate. Yeldo offers you the opportunity to become a co-owner in selected Swiss properties, investing in a transparent and informed manner. In particular, Yeldo is dedicated to:
- Finding and selecting the best real estate investments in Switzerland
- Providing you a personal consultant to help you choose the right investment for you
- Selecting partner banks and negotiating advantageous financing terms
- Raising the necessary funds to purchase properties
- Coordinating the co-ownership, up to registration on the land register
- Managing the properties during the investment
- Providing you with a secondary market if you wish to liquidise your investment early
But Yeldo is also so much more! If you have any other questions about how we work, do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do I have to register with Yeldo to become a co-owner?
Registering with Yeldo is required for full access to all the information and documents relating to a property and to make the actual investment.
Moreover, by registering with Yeldo you will gain access to your own personal area where you can monitor all your investments and receive periodic performance reports. Once registered, one of our experts will be at your disposal to help you choose the right real estate investment for you.
Finally, we would like to remind you that Yeldo registration is free, allowing you to receive our new investment proposals in advance.
Yeldo registration is free, but are there any other obligations?
No, there are no obligations or additional costs as a result of registering with Yeldo. Registration is and always will be free, with no hidden costs or obligations.
What information or documents can I consult directly on
To ensure the confidentiality of the parties involved in the real estate investments we offer, we have created 3 different levels of access to information.
- Unregistered user: access to all pages on the website and basic information on investment proposals (rent, year of construction, property type and purchase price), but no access to the property investment pages containing all the documents for each property. Furthermore, they do not have access to a personal area and cannot receive previews of new investment opportunities.
- Registered user: access to all pages on the website and previews of all new investment proposals, the ability to view and download all documents relating to a property (photos, videos, virtual tours, financial statements, investment analyses, expert reports, cadastral maps and much more). Moreover, they can access a personal area and use the referral tool to get discounts on future investments.
- Co-owner: in addition to all the information mentioned above, a co-owner who has invested in a Yeldo property can view all the contracts relating to their investments as well as quarterly reports on the property's performance.
What is property co-ownership?
Co-ownership means sharing property ownership with one or more individuals. The share of co-ownership is directly linked to the financial investment that each co-owner pays to purchase the building itself.
These shares are entered in the land register, allowing each co-owner to make decisions for their share in the property. In the event that a co-owner intends to sell their share, the law prescribes a pre-emptive right for the other co-owners. In property co-ownership, decisions are taken based upon a majority within the terms of the contract.
Can I become a co-owner of multiple properties?
Absolutely! Thanks to Yeldo, its easy to become a co-owner of multiple properties. Investing in income property through Yeldo is as simple as:
- Registering on the website
- Choosing a property
- Selecting the amount you wish to invest
- Completing and returning all the signed documents sent to your home
At this stage, the bank involved in the transaction will check the origin of your capital, in accordance with anti-money laundering laws, independently from Yeldo. When the checks have been successfully completed, you will be entitled to become a co-owner and make the payment.
Once all the necessary funds have been secured to purchase the property, you will receive a certificate of ownership from the land register that certifies you as the legal owner of a share of the property.
Finally, through your personal area you can manage and monitor all your investments, review any documentation or the status of investment requests, whenever and wherever you are.
If I have any further questions about properties, who can I contact?
Yeldo provides you with a personal consultant who will answer all your questions in detail and who, if you wish, can advise you on an investment strategy to best suit you.
In addition, you can always contact us at email@example.com.
What is the minimum amount you can invest in a property?
Normally the minimum investment on Yeldo is 50,000 CHF. However, the amount may vary depending on the total value of the properties on the platform.
What happens if a property does not reach the investment target
due to a lack of investors?
On Yeldo, every investment is subject to raising the necessary means to purchase each property, as indicated in the property details page.
Consequently, if the target is not reached by the deadline indicated on the details page, the investment itself will expire.
In this case, Yeldo will return the entire sum paid to the investors, by means of the bank account provided (without the burden of costs and without any recognition of interest rates).
Which property investment documents can be viewed in advance?
By registering with Yeldo, you can find all the information for each property in the section dedicated to real estate investment proposals. You can then access images and videos, a financial overview on the investment and any relevant analyses, all the documents relating to the property such as land register/notarial documents, as well as the investment conditions for each individual property.
But it doesn't end there: if you are interested in investing in a property, just click on the "request documents" button and all the documentation will be sent to your home!
Can I see the property in person before investing?
Absolutely! After registering, you will have a personal consultant at your disposal who can accompany you to view the property and who will provide you with all the necessary information in order to guarantee a transparent and informed investment choice.
How do I know the market value of a property found on Yeldo?
All the real estate investment proposals you find on Yeldo are subject to rigorous analysis and a 3-step selection process:
- Internal valuation: all the investment proposals we receive are scrupulously analysed by our in house team with the aid of a real estate analysis system developed by Yeldo. Only 1 proposal in 10 progresses to the next step.
- Valuation by companies specialising in property valuation: we then turn to independent companies, widely recognised in the Swiss real estate market, to conduct a detailed assessment of the properties we oversee.
- Bank valuation: finally, we rely on credit institutions to carry out their own appraisals and consequently decide whether to provide financing for the property.
All these documents can be consulted on the investment details page, together with the market value of the property.
Finally, it should be stressed that all the properties that we publish on our platform are reserved using a deposit put forth from Yeldo. Therefore, by selecting the right property we are able to guarantee solid and profitable investments for our clients, as well as ensuring that our company will grow in the future.
How is income paid?
Income is paid monthly directly into the bank account you provide.
What is Katipult?
What kind of fees do investors have to pay?
What types of projects are available to invest in on Katipult?
How does a project get listed on Katipult?
What is crowdfunding and why haven't I heard about this before?
Why should I consider real estate crowdfunding through Katipult?
What will I actually own?
When will I get my investment back?
Are these investments risky?
How are the returns estimated for each project?
Is there an investment minimum and maximum?
What exactly is the role of Yeldo?
Until now, only wealthy or institutional investors have had access to sound real estate investment proposals.
Yeldo's goal is to bring democracy to the real estate investment market, making it accessible to an increasing number of investors. With Yeldo, investing in multiple properties is no longer a problem.
Yeldo can also be used as a diversification tool for real estate investments for investors with greater financial resources: with Yeldo you can invest even large sums across various properties, drastically reducing the risk of lost profits.
Our team of experts is constantly adding new properties to our platform by means of a very rigid selection process that guarantees safe proposals.
This continuous flow of investment proposals allows anyone to invest in the real estate market, generating an excellent annual yield with the certainty of being registered on the land register as the co-owner of residential or commercial properties.
Within each investment's details pages you can find all the information laid out in a transparent manner: after selecting the amount you wish to invest, you can receive all the documentation related to the investment proposal right to your door in just a few clicks. Moreover, Yeldo provides a personal consultant who will guide you throughout the pre- and post-investment process.
For more information visit our page: www.yeldo.com/learn
Is Yeldo regulated by FINMA?
No, as Yeldo is neither an investment consultant nor an investment fund manager, it is not regulated by FINMA.
Yeldo is an online platform dedicated exclusively to putting supply in touch with demand within the real estate market. Consequently, the purchase and ownership of one or more co-ownership shares in a property found on www.yeldo.com is not subject to the Federal Act on Collective Investment Schemes (CISA).
How does Yeldo earn its money?
When finalising the purchase of individual property investments, Yeldo collects a commission that is among the lowest on the market, made up of two parts:
- Fees: Yeldo collects a fee when registering investors as new co-owners of the property on the land register. This is equal to 3% + VAT and reimburses the company for the following activities: preliminary research, analysis and negotiation of the property purchase prices; finding and selecting properties; negotiating with banks for credit; and looking for investors.
- Operating costs: to compensate Yeldo for providing the necessary services for investments, such as producing the contracts and documents related to the investment, writing the information packs for each proposal and coordinating investors and credit institutions, as well as the management of payment flows, the back office and help desk.
These costs, together with ancillary costs such as notary and registration fees, stamp duty and representation in public documents, make up the property's total purchase cost.
What types of properties can be found on Yeldo?
On Yeldo you can find both residential properties and commercial properties located throughout the Switzerland. Yeldo primarily selects properties that have been built or renovated recently, already have an income and are located in areas with good access to everyday services.
Does Yeldo acquire co-ownership shares on individual properties?
No, Yeldo never acquires real estate co-ownership shares in order to avoid any possible conflict of interest.
However, as proof of our faith in the properties that we offer our investors, Yeldo pays a security deposit to hold the property, putting its own capital at risk.
Yeldo is reimbursed once the all the funds for the property have been raised successfully. If, however, all the funds cannot be raised, Yeldo loses its entire deposit.
What happens to my investments if Yeldo closes down?
Investing with Yeldo is simple and safe because even if Yeldo no longer exists, you would not lose your co-ownership shares in a property.
In fact, you are entered on the land register as a co-owner and therefore own a share of the property in proportion to your investment. Therefore, in the event that Yeldo no longer exists, the only burden you would face would be selecting a new company to manage your property for you.
This high level of security really sets Yeldo apart from other real estate funds, and is one of the key strengths behind our investment opportunities.
How does Yeldo find its properties?
Our team is made up of professionals who have been working in the real estate and financial sector for years. We therefore have an extensive network of contacts that gives us early access to all the best real estate investment opportunities in Switzerland.
Every day, we receive new proposals for high-value real estate investments. However, all our properties are subject to a rigorous internal and external selection process, in order to guarantee our investors the most solid investment proposals.
Become an investor on
with the best real estate investments in Switzerland.